Thursday 30 October 2008

Rock the Lime



















After a mad weekend of drinking and partying im pretty worn out... yes i know its thursday.. but lucky for me - it's nearly weekend again! Last saturday was the Annie Mac night at the Warehouse Project featuring:

Annie Mac
Kissy Sellout - Band stylee (blergh...)
Herve and Sinden (only sinden showed up)
A-Trak
Surkin
Drop the lime

So after a promising line-up, but some unfortunate cancellations (damn you A-trak!) my two highlights were Surkin, who played lots of funky 80/90's old skool which got the crowd going and Drop the Lime who played a dirtier set in the smaller side room.

Im generally a fan of Annie Mac but she didnt quite do it for me, the drum n bass put me off a bit... Drop the Limes sketchy mixing skills were overshadowed however by his awesome bassline / garage / dubstep tracks that really made the room sweat - he had good energy, and definately was my favourite of the night. Next up: Chibuku night with Justice, Fake Blood /Yuksek and friends....!

Rex the Dog - I can see you, can you see me? (Drop the Lime Remix)
/ zShare

No comments: