Thursday 4 September 2008

Les Petit Pilous - Not suitable for kids?


Don't mistake them for a delicious, child sized fruit yoghurt - Les Petit Pilous are a french technoduo, and are seriously full on.. I mean face-melting stuff.  I found them through the boys noize myspace, to which they are a part of the succesful label owned by Alex Ridha. They did a few remixes which caught my eye, including an attempt at Cold light by the Yeah yeah yeahs. I was hooked, and subsequently found Puzique and D.I.M - what a treat.

My favourite track has to be Jolie Fille, which is a nuclear war of noise, energy and squealing synths. It seemed to be a favourite of Erol's for a good while in 07', getting regular plays in his often distorted techno-ey sets. 

Check out their myspace, theres a track called Paris naked that is just fuckin mental - definately 
a prime time club banger. I like LPP for their utter dark, twisted style - often I stick to tracks that are more acceptable or popular - when i have a burning urge to drop Nice bird.... Maybe i should just go with my gut instincts!

No comments: