Friday 16 January 2009

Jack Beats - It's the future, i've heard it


I know 2009 is going to be pretty big for 'electro' and i use that term quite loosely as the electro 'scene' can't easily be pinned down to a certain artist or sound that easily any more. The stuff that i like, and is being played around alot is taking samples from all different music styles including old school acid house, rock, techno, dubstep, reggae, bassline to name just a few. 2009 will see us being more exposed to these 'hybrid-tunes' that incorporate the best bits from some or all of these styles.

Im not a member of the 'genre police', but just love the way a sound will come and go having taken bits from others, to make something new. Jack Beats, in my opinion seem do this extremely well with a killer lineup of one part Scratch Pervert and one part Mixologist. With a well established history of music production and DJing experience between them, luckily they turned their hand to making a few club friendly electro-hybrid bangers:

Lady Sovereign - I Got You Dancing (Jack Beats Remix) / Y.S.I

Project Bassline - Drop The Pressure (Jack Beats Rinsed Out Rave Remix) / Y.S.I

White Williams - Violator (Jack Beats Remix) / Y.S.I

Boy 8-Bit - Fog Bank (Jack Beats Remix) / Y.S.I

Steed Lord - It's What U Do 2 Me (Jack Beats Remix) / Y.S.I

No comments: